Monday, October 28, 2013

Random thoughts and newer challenges(Including Monument Entertainment)

I thought I would do this blog first since I've started to learn more about myself. I'll put my first McClain Experience up soon, I promise. There's enough stories to go around there.

First, I'm learning that I AM 35 years old, even if most of my body and mind FEEL younger. My stubborn self has had no choice but to do this annoying thing called "recovery", and I've been relegated to stretching the past week. Took me totally off my challenge time, but I also can't be taking off six months either. Eh, I'm not TOO discouraged though. I still feel good. Doing three tennis matches in one day, then going back to P90 will do that. The body gives you warning signs for a reason.

Anyway, during my recovery time, I ran into Khan Academy and it's been an absolute blast. Twice before, I had thought about going back to school because of purely ego reasons(Graduating with a terrible GPA that you had to fight every inch for because it's all your fault will do that to you), but then I figured that ego wasn't going to pay financial aid, and I got lucky to pay off the first financial aid in the first place. While this is not the same, it satisfies my educational stuff that I want to cover and learn about, and it is my own pace anyway, which I have had to learn anyway. Highly recommended, by the way.

By the way, along with that, Monument Entertainment has had two major conference calls in the past two weeks with big players. I can't divulge all this right now, but we're making a lot of strides. My pet project, Be The Ladder, will still be financed, but we're also co-producers of another project, and we've optioned other scripts. That's all I can tell you at this point till we officially have things moving along and contracts signed, but things are about to blow up.

I'll leave this blog with a thought for all my readers...quit bitching and start switching. There are enough excuses in this world, but there are also just as many solutions. Quit taking the easier road.

No comments:

Post a Comment